Well no more boring weeks for us. We had a very full week here at the end of September, beginning of October. It started with Kevin getting sick last Friday, so we had a very down and very whiny weekend. Caroline had a soccer game Saturday. She wasn't too into the game, but her participation is getting better in practice. She just needs to get a little more aggressive and not shy away from the other players.
Monday I decided to keep Kevin home from school just to be sure he was feeling better. The 2 of us decided to go to the zoo. We were the first ones there. The humidity had dropped out of the air, so it was beautiful. The animals were alert and running around, and there were very few people there. My dream zoo trip. Kevin loved seeing all the animals. Some kids love balls. Some love cars. Kevin loves animals. He also decided to walk almost the whole trip. He's really growing up now. We missed Caroline (she was at school), but it was nice to have a Mommy-Kevin trip.
Then on Tuesday, Caroline, Kevin, and I decided to go to the beach after nap. Such a beautiful day. Again, no humidity and hardly any people - maybe 30 on the whole beach! The kids had a ball and Mommy actually got to sit on a towel and just enjoy the day.
It was so nice, we decided to go again on Wednesday with Michael and Aunt Leslie. Again, it was great, but so much more crowded - like 40 people!
Then today was the most awesome day. Uncle Paul took Kevin, Michael, Aunt Leslie, and I (Caroline WANTED to go to school instead) to the Air National Guard base. So cool. We got to go out and see all the jets up close, then we went to the on base fire department. Kevin crawled inside the cab and did not want to get out. The firefighter that showed us around even let him honk the horn!!!
After that we went back to see the tanker plane, 4 jets, and various passenger planes take off. Kevin enjoyed staying in the soundproof truck with Uncle Paul, Michael, and the wonderful National Guardsman who drove us out. Mommy and Aunt Leslie went outside (with earplugs of course) to watch the take off. Kevin and Michael refused to wear their earphones, so they had to stay in the truck. They had fun though and Kevin was simulating the planes taking off with sound effects and everything!
I will say that I was a bit nervous going out at first. Really the invite was for Kevin to see the jets and I was just a chaperone, but I was the one who was most excited to go. I was afraid that Kevin would show absolutely no interest, since he is more of an animal guy. Luckily he really loved everything, so much so that he would whine and fight me when I took him away from what we were doing. A truly wonderful day. We are so thankful to Uncle Paul for taking us out. Maybe next time Caroline will join us!
1 comment:
Great post! Michael and I watched your jet video 8 times and counting...
Post a Comment