Over the past few months Kevin has gotten pickier and pickier with his eating. Most days he will get next to no protein. No meat. No peanut butter (he likes the taste, but not the consistency). What to do? (Keep in mind the doctor is not at all concerned, but it is driving me nuts!) I decided to try Nutella. Kevin loves chocolate; it has quite a bit of protein; not the thick consistency of PB. Please no comments on how much sugar it has. Anyway, here's what happened. While he did like and eat the nutella, it was a mess and he didn't eat the graham crackers they were on. I've tried it on bread and had zero success with that. Guess I'm back to the drawing board!
Tuesday, September 16, 2008
Just Another Week
We've had a pretty down week. Nothing too exciting going on.
Over the past few months Kevin has gotten pickier and pickier with his eating. Most days he will get next to no protein. No meat. No peanut butter (he likes the taste, but not the consistency). What to do? (Keep in mind the doctor is not at all concerned, but it is driving me nuts!) I decided to try Nutella. Kevin loves chocolate; it has quite a bit of protein; not the thick consistency of PB. Please no comments on how much sugar it has. Anyway, here's what happened. While he did like and eat the nutella, it was a mess and he didn't eat the graham crackers they were on. I've tried it on bread and had zero success with that. Guess I'm back to the drawing board!
Over the past few weeks the kids have started playing together quite a bit. It was especially nice during our down week and more than once I was told to "Get Out!" They were busy playing. In this picture Caroline is showing Kevin Halloween costumes and trying to decide what to pick.
Here is my little gymnast, doing her handstands on the bed. I hope child services doesn't look at all the pictures I've been posting and come for a visit. Caroline has also started soccer. She had her second game on Sunday. Unfortunately I don't have any pictures. We start out the season slowly and timidly. During practice she is starting to get a little more aggressive. She has good ball skills and loves to play. Hopefully things will click in for her.
Over the past month and a half, Kevin has really gotten a lot of words. He can do almost every animal sound. The barn and the animals are some of his favorite toys. He also loves the book Brown Bear, Brown Bear What Do You See? We have 2 little McDonald's brown toy bears. He carries them all over the place saying brown bear, brown bear. Very cute. One of his newest words is "Cheese" as shown below! He gets so excited when he sees the camera. He usually sits down wherever he his and starts saying "Cheese." Nevermind that I was coming to get an action picture of whatever he was originally doing!

Over the past few months Kevin has gotten pickier and pickier with his eating. Most days he will get next to no protein. No meat. No peanut butter (he likes the taste, but not the consistency). What to do? (Keep in mind the doctor is not at all concerned, but it is driving me nuts!) I decided to try Nutella. Kevin loves chocolate; it has quite a bit of protein; not the thick consistency of PB. Please no comments on how much sugar it has. Anyway, here's what happened. While he did like and eat the nutella, it was a mess and he didn't eat the graham crackers they were on. I've tried it on bread and had zero success with that. Guess I'm back to the drawing board!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I love the last picture! Cheese!
Post a Comment