Monday, November 3, 2014

Summer Reading Awards

Warning - this is a bragging post.  I'm just so happy and proud of the kids.

Julington Creek Elementary had a summer reading program.  The kids read and log the title, author, number of pages, and number of minutes they read each day.  They then write at least one book report a month and draw a picture of a scene from the book.  After the teacher tallies the results, they have a ceremony and hand out awards.  Tom and I attended Caroline's ceremony in the morning.  She got an award for Excellence, reading 74 hours and 5 minutes over the summer.  Here she is getting her ribbon, medal, and certificate.


She also got a special award for reading and logging every day over the summer.
We came back in the afternoon to see the second grade ceremony.  Kevin also received the same awards.  He got the Excellence award for reading 58 hours and 21 minutes.
These are the only 4 kids who got the highest award for Excellence!  Kevin also got the award for reading and logging every day.  I'm so proud of both of my kids.
Here is Kevin and his friend Paolo showing off their awards.  So cute.  I love their big smiles!

No comments: