Sunday, October 6, 2013

Messing Around

When Tom travels, I take both kids to soccer practice.  Kevin has practice from 5-6:15 and Caroline has practice from 7-8:30.  There isn't enough time to go home in between, so we basically hang out at the fields for 3 1/2 hours.  After Kevin's practice, he was hanging out with his buddies in the back of his friend Evan's truck. They were so cute and gave me a glimpse into the life of a teenage boy.  Of course, when we came up to take this picture, Kevin had to dart behind Evan, thus ruining the picture.
They were all hanging out in the truck together so nicely.  Both Evan and Brody's dads were standing near the truck.  I turned my back for a second.  When I turned back, Kevin and Evan were gone.  Panic ensued.  Where were they?  I finally found them in the Men's bathroom!  He never goes in there without Tom.  Why would he think he could go in there now?  I was so mad and let Kevin know just how mad when they finally came out.  We walked back to our chairs.  As I was telling my fellow moms that I found Kevin and that all was ok, Kevin disappeared again!  What the bleeeeeep!!!!!!!!!!  Kevin had run and Evan rode on his scooter almost down to the skate park.  Evan's dad either went with them or found them, I'm not exactly sure.  We are all lucky I am not in jail right now.  I was furious.  Even thinking about it now, my heart is racing.  This experience was so not like Kevin.  Yes, he is silly and mischievous, but he is never dangerous or deliberately does not follow directions.  Oh my!  What am I in for?
I really don't know how to segway from that story to the next, so we'll just move on... You may wonder what I do while the kids are in school.  Well, under the suggestion of my good friend (debatable after this project) Leslie, I decided to separate all of the Legos by color.  This endeavor took 3 days, extreme back pain, several cracked fingernails, and raw fingers.
Here is the end result.  Beautiful, isn't it!  Who thinks this is what Kevin's room looks like 2 weeks later?  Ugh!
Caroline made another cool Rainbow Loom bracelet.
Mustaches are all the rage, especially among 4th grade girls.  Caroline went to a birthday party where she got a package of mustaches.  When she came home, she dressed up as something that I'm not quite sure what, but she thought it was cool.
The kids have been obsessed with Minecraft lately and the iPad is getting a workout.  We came home from soccer and Caroline went straight back to the game.  Kevin thought it would be fun to drag her along.  She couldn't even be distracted from her game long enough to put down the iPad. 

No comments: