Friday, October 25, 2013

Back to UT

Last weekend, the kids had a 3 day weekend and Caroline didn't have a soccer game, so we headed to Knoxville and Pigeon Forge for the weekend.  Tom had meetings in Cleveland and drove up to meet us Friday night, so the kids and I took a walk around the UT campus before he got there.  Here they are on the bridge that crosses over Cumberland Ave that Aunt Leslie and I walked over multiple times every day freshman year.
We walked to the the stadium and got a quick picture out front.  The kids are in there, but you need a magnifying glass to spot them!
Then I had the evil idea to torture them by making them walk up the gazillion stairs that lead up to The Hill.  Well the joke was on me.  When I went to school, during the time of the dinosaurs, the campus was hideous.  Now there is so much new construction and beautifying projects all over.  I mean really flowers and water features - give me a break!  No need for donations from me.  So they ripped out a bunch of the stairs and are "working" on them.  Lame.  We did go up though and get a picture in front of Ayres. 
After a stop at the bookstore to pick up some Tennessee gear, we headed to the UT girls soccer game.  It was the last home game and they had a bunch of activities for the kids.  Caroline got her face painted.
And played a game kicking the ball into the holes.  Her first shot just missed, but the 2nd went in!
Smokey!!!!
Then came the game.  Blech.  They played Florida who was ranked #7, but they were definitely beatable.  But oh my - the Tennessee girls stink!  I felt like I was watching Caroline's game.  Spacing problems, taking the ball from their own player, no offense, can't receive a pass...  Terrible.  Plus it was freezing.  We still had fun, but would have been better with a better team or if it was 15 degrees warmer.

No comments: