After we got back from our trip to Atlanta, we let the kids open their glass coke bottles. We looked out to see the kids sitting like this. Ha!
As a result of our earlier emergency room visit, Kevin had to go back for more bloodwork. In addition, Caroline had to have a fasting blood test for her 9 year old well check. I decided to knock them both out on the same day. I promised the kids a small lego set, really just to make myself feel better for having to subject the kids to torture.
Kevin loves the animals that come in the Lego Friends sets, so he chose Stephanie's Cool Convertible. Heehee!
He was so proud of himself for putting together the Ghost Train that Grandma got him for Christmas all by himself. Every once and a while, he would start to ask for help. Then would stop himself and say, "No, I'm going to do this one all by myself." He's so good.
Caroline had 2 projects due after the break. Here is her Martin Luther King, Jr. poster. She included pictures I took of the mural at the MLK National Park and found several other pictures on the internet for her collage.
She also had to do a science project. I'm not sure if I told you about her worm project, so I'll fill you in with that first. At school, they had Worm Day in which each kid brought in a 2 liter soda bottle and a water bottle. They put the water bottle in the middle of the soda bottle, filled the soda bottle with layers of dirt and sand, and added 2 worms. This was not Caroline's favorite day and was the only day that I did not volunteer to help! Over the next couple weeks, Caroline had to keep a worm diary and note changes in her wormery. She saw tunnels, worms moving around, soil and sand mixing and worm castings (poop). Then over the Christmas break, they had to do a science project. They had to germinate 2 lima beans, plant one in plain dirt and the other in dirt from the wormery. Before anything happened, they had to write up their hypothesis. At the end of the break, they noted their results and how they compared to their hypothesis. Here is Caroline's poster. Nice and neat.
Kevin also had a MLK poster to do over the break. He drew Martin looking over children of all races holding hands.
Caroline went to a birthday party at a cool place, Yes You Canvas! They teach them step by step how to all paint the same picture. It's amazing how beautiful they all turned out. Caroline is the 2nd one from the end with the Chuck Rogers on.
Kevin had another 3v3 soccer tournament and came in 3rd place (out of only 3 teams, but the other 2 teams were a year older). The boys all did great.
One day, I walked into the living room to find Kevin sitting in the laundry basket playing on my phone.
This week, we had a really warm front come through. After school the kids changed into shorts and we headed to get some frozen yogurt. We even ate outside! Oh, I love Florida in January!
Yummy!
Today was even hotter. 82 degrees and the sun was hot. Caroline had a soccer scrimmage and was sweating, so the kids begged for some water play. They set the hose up on a sawhorse and let it spray out into the yard.
They got soaked!
And even played a little sword fighting in the "rain." Aaahhh January.
No comments:
Post a Comment