The week before Halloween, both kids had field trips on the same day. WHAT?!?!?!?!? How am I supposed to go to both? Well Kevin's permission slip came home first and I excitedly put my name in to volunteer to chaperone. Kevin's field trip was to walk down the street to the local pumpkin patch that I take the kids to every year and then on to have lunch at Wendy's that we eat at almost every week during soccer season. What comes home the next day? Caroline's field trip permission slip to go on a pirate cruise and to the pirate museum in St. Augustine, both of which I have never done. I wanted to cry (still do somewhat).
I got a few pictures from Caroline's trip. Everyone's mom except for maybe 3 kids went on the pirate field trip. Logan's mom texted me this cute picture of the 2 of them.
When Denise sent me this picture, I asked her to throw some rotten tomatoes at Caroline, but she refused.
Caroline also brought her iPod with her. Since they had extra time, they also went to the Fort and walked around St. Augustine. Here she is with Ellie.
Somewhere in the Fort.
Shooting the cannon.
Here are Caroline and Ellie praying in the chapel.
I did end up having fun with Kevin. The women at the Pumpkin Patch had a few games for the kids. Here they had to stand in a circle holding hands and had to pass the hoola hoop around the circle without letting go of their hands.
Here is Kevin throwing the bean bag through the pumpkin's face.
They all got to pick out a mini pumpkin and decorated it with stickers. Kevin found a bunch of pirate stickers for his pumpkin.
Each kid got to plant a pumpkin seed in some dirt to take home.
Here is his class posing for pictures. Kevin is on the upper left corner.
A fun day, but guess what - we are going back to St. Augustine so that I can enjoy those activities too some time soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment