Yesterday Caroline and I ran in the Evergreen Pumpkin Run for the 2nd time. Last year Caroline ran it in 34:48. This year she ran the 5K in 26:43! We are so proud of her. I ended up running with my friend Liza, and Caroline ran most of the way with her soccer coach, Kandis. These pictures were put on the Facebook pages of 1st Place Sports (I was 7 minutes behind her).
Here she is nearing the finish line.
And almost to the finish line (the clock shows the time from the cannon fire to the finish. The 26:43 was the actual time on her chip, since we got started about 20 seconds later.)
She won 3rd place in her 10 and under women division! She was the 29th woman overall to cross the finish line.
After I found out that they posted the pictures on Facebook, I went back to look at the other races we ran. I found Caroline at the McKenzie's Run we did last year. At this race, we finished in the Jaguar stadium.




No comments:
Post a Comment