Sunday, March 8, 2015

February Fun!

Kevin's class was doing a unit on money. To tie it into research and writing, each kid was assigned a state quarter.  They had to research all of the parts of the quarter, draw it, and write about it.  Kevin was assigned Oregon.  When I was in the classroom, I was telling Kevin's teacher that Caroline collected State and National Park quarters.  She asked if Caroline could bring her quarters in and talk about them to the class.  She did a great job!
At piano one day, Kevin was pretending to be a model with my purse.  He told me I had to delete this photo.  Whoops!
For Valentine's Day, Kevin's class had a party complete with a chocolate fountain!  Yum!
As a bribe to get Kevin to go get a haircut without a fight, I promise to take him to TCBY.  How did I get suckered into this giant waffle cone?
We have all been wanting to go play tennis for a long time.  Finally we had a free weekend and it wasn't too cold.  We started out playing boys vs girls, but after a while I pulled Kevin out, so that Caroline and Daddy could have a good match.

Kevin did a great job too!
Tom took Kevin to a paintball party.  After skipping the first 2 rounds because he was hungry, he joined in the last one.  Apparently he stayed in the back and was just shooting.  Tom couldn't figure out how he missed shooting his teammate in front of him!

Caroline has fallen back in love with playing offense. She has been taking an extra lesson now and then to work on her finishing.  I love watching her play and have fun.

No comments: