Thursday, June 19, 2014

Summer Fun

Caroline's friend Pressley decided that instead of a birthday party, she would take a friend to Disney.  Her birthday was back in January, so the girls have been planning their trip for 6 months.  Finally mid-June they got to go.  Caroline spent the night at Pressley's house because they got up to leave at 5 am so they could get there when the park opened.  They hit 3 parks and lasted the whole day, not getting home until 12:30 that night.  What a long day!
They must have been acting up, because they got put in the stocks!  The girls had a great time and hit all of the most important roller coasters.
The next day, Caroline and her friend Avery had a soccer lesson and we decided to hang out at the pool for a few hours to cool off.  During the lunch break, they found the Netherlands vs Australia World Cup soccer game on the outdoor patio TV.   Both girls have become huge Netherlands fans (second only to their beloved USA).
We hit the beach for the first time this summer, meeting Aunt Leslie and the kids at Little Talbot State Park beach.  Kevin and Michael had so much fun on their boogie boards, floating, talking, catching waves.

When I came in the water to take pictures, they were talking in their special "bro" language.  Kevin told me that I need a Samsung Galaxy S5 because my iPhone 5 is soooo last year.  Nice, being told that I'm out of touch by my 7 year old son.
Caroline has been playing indoor soccer this summer.  It is so much fun for the girls, plus I don't have to sit outside in the heat and humidity!  Whoo Whoo!!!!  Caroline is up on the left with the hot pink socks.  This was taken with my lame iPhone 5, so the pictures all were terrible that I took.  I need to bring my good camera for better pictures.

No comments: