They are excited for the game to begin.
The game was a lot of fun - high scoring and entertaining. The field was tiny and the uprights even tinier. The Sharks won, so that was the icing on the cake.
The kids had Family Fun Day at school full of inflatables and games. They had a lot of fun! Here is Kevin on the final leg of the obstacle course. Caroline was usually off with her friend Logan.
We had to leave Family Fun Day early so that we could get to the Ice Rink. Kevin's friend Evan was having his birthday party there. Kevin threw a fit about going during the hours before the party. He is a kid who doesn't really like to try anything new, and was scared to skate. I made him go anyway because we had RSVP'd and I like to expose him to different things. We got to the party and I took him over to Evan's mom, where she gave him an armband to get skates and go out on the ice. Kevin had a couple friends who had never skated either, so I told him to stay with them on the wall, while I got my skates on. By the time I had gotten my skates, he was pulling out from the wall, "skating" and grabbing the wall again. This video below is about 15 minutes into the 2 hour party. I finally decided to put the camera away and enjoy skating with the kids. He got better and better and better. Kevin didn't have a smooth graceful skating motion, it was more of a run on skates. He would fall (quite a bit) and pop back up. Most of the moms were sitting on the other side of the glass. He had them all cracking up, until he bit it right in front of them and as he slid, his skate hit the boards. All the moms jumped up worried that he hit his head. He popped up laughing and having a ball. It was so much fun. After skating, and my "told ya so!" I asked him how he liked it. He said that he was pretending to play football and was making diving catches in the end zone. That explained the extreme number of falls! Caroline was also there, and even though I haven't taken her skating in about 3 years, she picked it up again quickly and flew all over the ice. We all had a great time!
No comments:
Post a Comment