Friday, May 17, 2013

May Fun

Here are a bunch of pictures I have taken here and there.  One weekend, Caroline's soccer game was cancelled, so Caroline had her friend Logan over to play.  They got out the science experiment book Grandma brought for Easter and made a volcano out of clay, baking soda, and vinegar.

The volcano part didn't work so well, because it just ran out the bottom of the volcano instead of bubbling out over top.  The girls still had fun watching the reaction by pouring vinegar on baking soda on the tray.
Kevin went to a birthday party later that day.  It was a Lego Party!!!!  The kids all made a motorized Batmobile Tumbler.  The people who ran the party were the people from Bricks 4 Kidz.  They all know Kevin and asked him to answer questions to help the other kids.  My little Lego master.
Kevin had fun driving it all over, even under tables!
Monday Caroline had a makeup soccer game.  I found Kevin and his friend Nathan laying on the ground watching Kevin's iPod with Kevin's jacket over their heads.  It was too hard to see because it was so sunny.  They were so cute.  Both of them were swinging their legs up and down, completely engrossed in whatever they were watching.
Caroline had STEM day, which is a day that the kids get to do hands on experiments with a focus on science and math.  I was there to help, but it was so hectic, I couldn't take any pictures.  My station was to see how many teaspoons of salt you had to add to water to get an egg to float to the top.  One of Caroline's favorites was a station on Buoyancy.  They took a piece of aluminum foil and laid it in some water.  They then added pennies to see how many they could add before it sunk.  Caroline came home and wanted to show Kevin the experiment.  I don't remember how many they got up to, but I do know that they ran through all of the pennies in the house and had to move on to nickels and dimes.
The kids and I headed to the pool for the first time this year and met up with Kevin's friend from school, Michael.  The water was still a little cold for Caroline after we had all of that rain, so she didn't stay in long.
Here are the boys.
Before we left, Kevin and Michael got a picture with Michael's sisters Anna and Abby.
Kevin has been getting interested in golf lately and has been practicing in the back yard.  Last week, Tom took Kevin to the golf course for the first time.  He was so excited that he even put on a collared shirt without a fight/threat/bribe.  He took my UT visor to complete the golfer look.  He had a blast.  I've already signed him up for golf lessons this summer!
We had a little time to kill, so Kevin took out the Jenga blocks and set them up like dominoes.  It worked!


No comments: