So we've got a smoke problem some days from the forest fires in Northeast Florida and in South Georgia. When the smoke is bad around the house, we have to stay inside. Some days you can hardly see out the front door. This week we were inside a lot. A friend and I decided that if we went to the beach, then maybe we could escape the smoke. It didn't work. The smoke was just as bad at the beach. We came out to the sand. I took this picture. And we left. YUCK!!! I couldn't believe all the people that were out there in the smoke.
On a clear day the kids begged to get out the sprinkler. Finally Kevin got in the water...kind of!
On Father's Day, Tom took the kids out to play soccer. Kevin starts in the fall, so we got him a new ball and bag. The bag has lions on it. It is probably in support of some foreign team, but Kevin saw the lions and was in love! Here he is with his socks and cleats. He was not a fan of the socks. They were itchy. Wait until he has to wear the shin guards too!
Monday we had another smokey day, so we were inside again. The kids made a cool fort and played in it almost all day. Outdoor crisis averted!




1 comment:
I remember building forts when I was a kid. Good times.
Post a Comment