Well Summer's here and we've had a mix of crazy busy and being bored out of our minds...well the kids are bored and driving ME out of MY mind. Late May, we went to our friend's pool and playground. Kevin was not a big fan of the water, so he went to play on the playground. He decided to climb up the curved ladder and did great until he got to the top. At this point it was more horizontal than vertical. He was too scared to go any further...."MOMMY!!!!!" You would think this would be a good enough deterrent so that he would not do it again. You would be wrong. He did it again. "MOMMY!"
Later that day Caroline had swim lessons and Kevin took it easy on the lounge chair - catchin' some rays.
That weekend we took a family trip to the zoo...here's our classic shot on the elephant trunk! Caroline's almost too big now.
We saw lots of fish jumping out of the water and even saw 2 dolphins right in the marina playing. It was so cool!
Then we headed to the St. Augustine lighthouse. Aunt Susan, Uncle Brian, Caroline and I climbed to the top. 219 steps up and 219 steps down. Oh, I hurt for 2 days afterwards! Kevin was too short to climb up, so he had to stay down with Grandma and Grandpa. I guess I should be thankful for that. I would have probably had to carry him. 36 lbs up 219 stairs and 36 lbs down 219 stairs. No Thank You!
Kevin went exploring in the meantime with Grandma and Grandpa and found this rowboat. When we came down from the lighthouse, he showed us. The 3 youngest stopped for a rest and photo.
Saturday we headed to the beach. We had a great time playing in the sand, riding the waves, and taking walks. We had a great visit and wish it was longer. Hopefully we will see everyone soon!
After everyone left we went blueberry picking with some of Caroline's friends. The kids picked lots of blueberries. Funny thing is that none of us even like blueberries. It was just something fun and different to do. I did get a recipe for a blueberry crumble that was amazing. Tom and I gobbled it up. I guess if you add enough sugar, pecans, pineapple, etc., blueberries really can be tasty!
Silly Face!
We had a bunch of days where I was just being plain old LAZY! The kids were losing their minds, so I got a blow up pool down from the attic. I had bought it 2 years ago and never took it out of the box. The kids had a ball. Kevin had to try out Caroline's much to big snorkeling gear.
"No Mommy, I'm not shooting at you!" (actual words)
Caroline's 4th tooth was just hanging. I really don't know how it was still attached at this point...
But later that day...#4 came out on June 14th. The tooth fairy was busy at our house that week.
Mia came over one afternoon and the girls showed off their "Deep South Mouths". Look Ma, no teeth!
Last week Caroline had golf camp. She did great and even got invited to the Advanced Camp later in the summer. She had so much fun and Daddy is going to take her out on the course for the first time on Sunday. She can't wait! Caroline had soccer camp this week, but had to miss the last 2 days because she got strep throat. Doesn't she know the rule...No getting sick in the summer!
When the kids were supposed to be eating their lunches the other day, I left the room for a few minutes and came back to this. Kevin, your girlfriends are going to be laughing hysterically while you slink back in embarrassment when you get older. So many good photo ops. Don't blame me, blame your sister!
For Father's Day I made Tom his favorite, Chicken Francese. I always put out extra lemons for him. Lately, Kevin seems to hate chicken that doesn't come in nugget form. He will either refuse to eat it, stating early on "I don't want dessert, actually." ("Actually" is Kevin's new favorite word), or he will chew one piece for 30 minutes. How does it still exist? I don't know. Kevin saw Daddy sprinkle lemon on his chicken, so he did the same. He gobbled up his chicken and even asked for more. I call that one successful dinner.
Thanks for putting up with me and my erratic posts. I will try to do better about updating this more regularly.
1 comment:
It was such a long post, I hope my 2 little brain cells can remember all my random comments....Let's see...
A. Is Caroline living off of milk shakes now that she has no teeth?
B. So, the shaved ice booth is finally open at the zoo. Right after I leave. Of course.
C. I want Kevin's watermelon.
D. I want Caroline's lemonade.
E. I want to come visit and not climb the light house but be lazy by the blow up pool. Do you have fruity drinks with umbrellas? I'm all in!
F. I didn't recognize Brian until I saw the picture with no hat and no sun glasses. He's all grown up!
G. Miss you guys!
Post a Comment