Thursday, August 22, 2013

New School Year

The new school year began on Monday. I unfortunately fell down on my motherly picture taking duties and forgot to take the beloved 1st day of school picture. So this is the 2nd day of school picture. Notice we are at the bike rack at school. I almost forgot to take the picture on Day 2!  I need a vacation.  When is Christmas? 
Kevin had an assignment where we had to write down how Mommy and Daddy decided Kevin was the perfect name for our baby boy.  Well the real story is not the best - Mommy's favorite names Brian, Andrew, and Michael were already chosen by family and close friends...  Britney Spears ruined the name Jaden by naming her own kid that... lots of other issues.  Kevin was a name that both Tom and I could agree on.  So instead of that inspiring story, I looked up the meaning of Kevin, which means, kind, gentle, and handsome.  So I wrote a touching story about this.  Yes.  You can plainly see how kind and gentle Kevin is to his sister.  Ha!
The school year has started off great.  Both kids have great teachers and have good friends in their classes.  Kevin is a little upset, because they have yet to have recess.  It has been raining every stinking day.  Plus - No Snack!  Snack, he's not so worried about, because he has informed me that since he doesn't get snack at school, he can have 2 when he gets home from school.  Oh Kevin!

No comments: