Sunday, April 8, 2012

Easter

We got busy with everything else going on that we left all of our Easter crafts until the Saturday before Easter.  Saturday morning we went downtown for the 5K, came home, had lunch, and got busy with our crafts.  First up - dying and decorating Easter eggs.  Here is Caroline checking out the status of her color.
Don't ask me why they both stand up to do this.  It was cracking me up.  I guess they are too short to sit, but are way to tall to stand.
Kevin checking his blue.  Caroline was jealous of his colors.  Somehow he managed to get them to turn brilliant colors in a far shorter time than Caroline.
Caroline thought she would get tricky by holding one in one color half way and then rotating.
Caroline decided to write on a couple of her eggs.  Happy Easter!!! (in cursive)
And Kevin got into the act by writing his name on his.
The next craft is one that I found on Pinterest.  Now I have not become obsessed with it as many have, nor do I really understand it.  People add me as friends on it and when I go to Allow them or whatever I do, I see stuff that people posted and this activity got me interested.  They are string eggs.  I vaguely remember doing something similar and larger way back when.  You soak string in liquid starch mixed with flour and wrap them around water balloons.  Then when they dry, you pop the balloon and presto!  You have eggs.  Ours didn't turn out as nice as they did on the website, but then I am also not crafty nor patient, so what did I really expect?
Anyway, here is our finished result.  Not too terrible!
Easter morning the kids got up early (of course!) and found their baskets.  This year they were really spoiled because Santa had gotten Kevin a huge Lego set for Christmas and because he had gotten so much decided to hold it back for his birthday, but because he got his iPod for his birthday, he didn't need a huge Lego set too...So the Easter Bunny brought it because Santa didn't think it would make it until next Christmas. 
Here he is with his pride and joy.  He was so excited.  He wanted this set more than any other he has ever gotten or seen in the store because it has 2 Anubis characters, his favorite.  He would talk about this set at least once a week since he saw it last fall.  It also has a mummy and he was able to build a really cool scorpion.
Now on to the Hershey Kiss hunt.  Each kid got to find 20.  Caroline quickly found hers and Kevin kept coming back to count his. 1...2...3...4...
Caroline got a new soccer bag that she has been dying for and some Target brand American Girl doll clothes.
Kevin spent the afternoon putting together his set.I sat there to make sure it was pushed together tight and keep him somewhat focused.

Here he is with his finished set.
Pyramid, car, and scorpion!  Awesome!!!!  Happy Easter everyone!

1 comment:

Leslie said...

That is a cool Lego set! And a cool soccer bag.

Look at you getting all crafty with the yarn eggs! I think they turned put really cute.