Saturday, February 11, 2012

Jets with the Reedy's

Aunt Leslie, Uncle Paul, Michael, and Katie came to visit us this weekend.  Uncle Paul got to fly his jet on Saturday and they invited us up to see the Air National Guard Base.  Unfortunately, it was a busy sports weekend for Caroline, so Tom, Caroline and I couldn't go, but Kevin could!

Aunt Leslie braved the trip with 3 kids!  Here are Kevin and Michael with a "vertical stab" in the waiting area.  I have no idea what I am talking about, so I am referencing Leslie's blog!
The kids all got ear muffs to wear to drown out the sound of the jets.
Here are the boys waiting for Uncle Paul to come in.  He had landed and they were waiting for him to de-arm and taxi back. 
Here he comes!
I'm so sorry we had to miss seeing the jets.  How cool is this!
Uncle Paul!
Kevin got a pic in front of the plane.
Both boys.  I can see Kevin was super excited.
Kevin with the Reedy family.
And another pic next to the portable fuel tank.
I'm so jealous Kevin got to do this without me.  And thankfully the boys behaved well enough to stay to see it all.  I was worried they couldn't remain calm and still enough for them to make it, but Aunt Leslie did an amazing job keeping them in line!  Thank you Aunt Leslie and Uncle Paul!

1 comment:

Leslie said...

We were so happy to share this with Kevin. He was very well behaved...having a dude in a flight suit escort us on the flight line was key in keeping the kiddos well behaved (intimidated), despite their excitement. It was a great day! Next time (??) we'll have to plan ahead a bit more so everyone can check it out.