Today I took the kids to Gainesville to the Butterfly Rainforest at the University of Florida. We had the day off because of Martin Luther King, Jr. Day and thought we would meet up with our friends from Sarasota. Unfortunately they got sick (hopefully we will see them soon), but we still decided to head there ourselves. The Butterfly Rainforest is part of the Natural History Museum that they have on campus. Out front was the fossil of a mammoth that was found in North Central Florida.
Then on to the butterfly garden. The kids picked up their field guides and set to work identifying various butterflies.
We saw so many beautiful butterflies. I had forgotten how awesome this place is.
I got some really great pictures of butterflies, but thought I'd only bore you with one. Another butterfly we saw was over 8 inches across.
Another great afternoon. The kids loved it. Kevin even slept 95% of the way home. Although when we pulled in the driveway, I asked him if he had a good nap. He asked me what I was talking about. He didn't sleep at all. Whatever! That kid was out!
1 comment:
Looks like a much more peaceful day than the one we spent there together. And by together, I mean you identifying butterflies with your children and me chasing my crazy toddler boy around before finally surrendering and waiting outside. You should have shared more of your butterfly pictures since I was never able to really see them :)
Post a Comment