I'm behind on my posts yet again (but what's new?)
On Tuesday, December 13th, Caroline had her First Confession. She refused to tell me what she confessed, but Father John's said her penance was to recite one Our Father, one Hail Mary, and to do one good deed. I guess it wasn't too bad. Caroline said she enjoyed it and is looking forward to when she does it again before her First Communion in May.
Before Tuesday, I was dreading the big event. The letter home "suggested" that parents go to confession as well to be a good example. Ugh. I don't think I've been since I was confirmed back in the 8th or 9th grade. I might be in there for a while - hee hee! Luckily 2 of the priests that were coming to help bailed out, so they really just had time for the kids unless there were parents who REALLY wanted to do it. No thanks! So we parents just sat quietly while the kids all confessed and did their penance. Then we all headed over to the parish center for muffins and lemonade. Here are Caroline and her friend Jenna recently forgiven their sins.
We are looking for an activity for Kevin to do that he enjoys and he has some friends who take Spinjitzu (more commonly known as tae kwon do to you non-Lego Ninjago people!) class down the street. Here he is learning his punches with Master Wu (aka Master Bill)
Kevin thought it was just ok and "a little boring". Clearly calling it Spinjitzu didn't make it more exciting to him. So we are going to try gymnastics and see if he likes that better.
The kids had their Christmas program at school. Here they are looking cute in their Christmas outfits.
Kevin found his buddy J.D. and I left him there with his class to take my seat.
And Caroline found her friends. Aren't they all beautiful!
I didn't get any pictures of the actual singing. They performed on opposite sides of the Church. We chose to sit on the side Caroline was on, since Kevin's performance would take about 2 minutes whereas Caroline's was closer to 20 min. Unfortunately a huge row of 4th graders stood in front of us, so we couldn't see her anyway. Oh well.



No comments:
Post a Comment