Monday, October 31, 2011

Halloween Weekend!

Sunday of Halloween weekend, Caroline ran her first 5K.  The two of us ran the Evergreen Pumpkin Run through a cemetery lined with pumpkins.  As you may remember Caroline ran a 1 mile run last spring and came in 1st among 7 year olds.  This was a big step up.  We had practiced the week before and she wasn't able to run the whole 3.1 miles.  We had to stop to take walking breaks from time to time.  There were 811 people running through cemetery roads.  It was packed solid.  She did awesome and ran the whole thing.  She ran it in 34:48 and finished 7th in the 10 and under division (4 of the kids were 9 or 10).  I am so proud of her.  She turned to me during the race and said, "this is so much fun.  When can we do another one?"  Super cool.  As she would pass adults, they would turn to the side looking for someone their height and then look down at her and frown.  HaHa!
We headed home and found that Kevin had on his transformer sunglasses and was wielding a knife.  He has 3 main staples to his attire nowadays.  Sunglasses, baseball hat, and his shark jacket.  You will notice that they appear in many of the pictures to come.
I pulled out my own knife later that afternoon and we carved the pumpkin. 
That night I went in to make sure the kids were sleeping peacefully aka not falling out of the bed and I found Kevin sleeping like this.  He cracks me up.
Monday I helped with Kevin's Halloween party.  They did a cute story that related a jack o' lantern to the Light of God.  Here he is taking out one of the eyes so that we can see God's love.
Sunday night Caroline woke up sick.  She didn't go to school and was miserable all day.  1.  Because she felt horrible 2. Because she missed her Halloween party at school and 3. Because she was terrified she wasn't going to get to go trick or treating.  I promised her we'd go to at least a few houses.  She ended up taking us all around the neighborhood.  We had to come home because their pumpkins were so heavy.

Here are the monarch butterfly and Jango Fett.  Aunt Susan asked  if he was going to be a bodyguard and protect his sister from all of the bad guys.  His response..."I can't because I am a bad guy."  Makes sense...

1 comment:

Leslie said...

Great costumes! Can't wait to show Michael Jango Fett. Awesome racing Caroline!!!