Saturday, August 20, 2011

Odds and Ends

School has started, so the picture taking has dropped off. I have just a few pictures I need to upload.

So we are a few months into this American Girl thing. Let me just say "Cha-Ching!" Holy crap is this stuff expensive. The outfits are more expensive than outfits I would buy for myself. Luckily we found these matching pj's at Kohl's for $12. Aren't Caroline and Emily cute! Caroline thinks Santa is going to bring her another doll, outfits and accessories. I think she is going to be disappointed.


We went for a walk/ bike ride and took a little break on the bench by the pond.



Kevin has really gotten to be a good bike rider this summer.


The kids went to their 1st day of school on August 10th. I was so surprised when I was walking to Kevin's room super early (for us) at 6:45. I assumed I'd have to drag him out of bed and fight with him to get his clothes on. Instead, we met in the living room. He had his shirt and shorts ON and was bringing his belt, socks, and shoes for me to help him with. I was so proud. My little boy is growing up! (Even Emily had her uniform on!)


Caroline loves art, so I took her to the art museum for a class this morning. Here she is with her Western Landscape. She did a great job.


Just down from the museum was the Riverside Arts Market. I have been wanting to come to this for several years now. Since we were within walking distance, Caroline and I headed over. It is a farmers market/ art market. We stopped for lunch and listened to a little bluegrass music and then walked around a bit. The highlight was the butterfly tent. The guy put some sugar water in Caroline's hand. Here she is with a butterfly in her hand and one in her hair. Super cool!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

1 comment:

Leslie said...

The kids look so beautiful and handsome in their uniforms! School is wonderful, no? Oh, and Emily looks cute, too :)

The landscape Caroline painted is AMAZING!