Monday, April 20, 2009

The Zoo

OK, I was just kidding about slowing down on the blog updates. We went to the zoo yesterday, so of course I have more pictures. It was a beautiful day for the zoo. All the animals were out and about. Caroline and Kevin both fed the giraffes. This was Kevin's first time to do it and Caroline's first time of not throwing the lettuce at the giraffe or dropping it. There are no pictures because I held the kids while they fed them. Too bad. Maybe next time.
They also both had a great time on the carousel. With Kevin it is hit or miss. Sometimes it terrifies him, and other times he loves it. Yesterday Kevin had a ball and fought me when it was time to get off. He loved riding his zebra, so I let him and Caroline get on the photo spot zebra in front of the carousel. Just not the same thing. Oh well.
After we saw the new baby jaguar, we headed over to the play area. The kids walked through the rope area to the tree house. They didn't stay there too long. Too much more to do.
Then we went over to the monkey ropes. I looked over and Kevin kept hanging and pulling his legs up. What a little monkey! Caroline too, but then again, we already knew she was a monkey.
Then off to the otter viewing area. Both otters were in the water swimming around. The kids liked the underwater view. A great time at the zoo for all.
In other news, Kevin went pee-pee in the potty for the first time this morning. I got so excited and squealed, which shut things down immediately. He still got a treat. Overall a good morning.

No comments: